Sunday 2 May 2010

Birthday Surprises and Treats

I was up nice and early this morning (reasons to follow in later post) so I decided I would get the final bit of catching up done on my posts so I can finally get on to the really exciting news! This post is all about my birthday even though it was back in February but it was so lovely I need to share. It started a week before with a visit from my Mum and sister (their first trip up North). We spent the Saturday in Chester at the university open day where my lovely sister will be starting in September. I can't wait as she'll only be 40mins away from me then :)Chester is a gorgeous place with so many cute shops...
which I now have a good excuse to visit :) I took them to the amazing Trafford Centre on Sunday where I made them spend quite a bit of time in the best shop ever :)
and my lovely Mum bought me a gorgeous bag which I just realised I don't have a pic of yet but I may do a CK post soon so I'll include it in there. So, onto my birthday surprise. My Birthday was on a Monday but on the Friday night before Brian told me to pack a bag as we were going to one of my favourite ever places, Glastonbury! For those of you that haven't been you really need to visit. It's so lovely there. Brian also booked Monday off for me as a surprise. I'm very impressed everyone at work kept it quiet! We stayed in the cutest B&B, look at our lovely room with all the floral prints :)
and lovely little touches like these,
and the owner was Spanish and made the best paella you have ever tasted! We spent Saturday browsing shops and then had a trip to Minehead on Sunday to see the sea,
where we had to dash back from to make our Valentine dinner reservations and ended up running down the high street with me losing my shoe once or twice to make it in time (we were slowed down by laughing so much). My birthday morning started with a gorgeous organic, locally produced fry up, yum yum.
and a view of the Glastonbury high street,We then had a trip to Stonehenge, (check out gorgeous birthday present bag from amazing sister, close ups to follow)and then were heading towards Brian's sisters for a visit on the way home but stumbled across this place as we were a bit ahead of time,it may just look like a barn but look whats inside!An Aldins cave of floral and shabby country chic! I could have spent all day in here. Then it was off to Brian's sisters for a yummy curry and then home. I had sooo many lovely presents I wouldn't know where to start listing but lets just say all my Cath K and Fairy needs were sated for a while :) Hooray! I'm all caught up. Next post will be exciting news I've been popping with to tell you :)

1 comment:

  1. What a great birthday. Glastonbury is my favourite place too. That barn of shabby chicness looks lovely, can I ask where it was? xxx Pixie xxx

    ReplyDelete